Who We Are
Updated May 25, 2018
Zindo Entertainment Network, Inc. provides WordPress and web hosting, and WordPress website support services via zindohub.com and zindotech.com and marketing training via zindolabs.com and small business tools on zindo.co.
Zindo Entertainment Network, Inc is a registered corporation in Florida, USA. Our mailing address is:
76 4th St. #1255
St. Petersburg, FL 33731
For any privacy-related questions, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Share Your Data With
We use third-party services (data processors) across our sites. The extent to which your data is shared with these providers depends on your use of our services, and we list the specific third-parties in use (with links to their privacy policies) in the sections below.
Each third-party provider has been vetted by our security team to ensure that privacy policies and practices meet or exceed the same levels of compliance and standards that we follow. Where appropriate and available, we hold additional signed Data Privacy Agreements with these companies as an additional layer of accountability in order to help ensure your data is safe and secure.
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services, and (ii) that have agreed, in writing, not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our websites and services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If we ever were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized, we would provide you with an opt-out choice to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data.
What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
- If you create an account on one of our sites, you will be prompted to select a Username and provide your Email Address.
- When choosing a Username, we strongly advise you not use or include your real name. Usernames cannot be changed.
- Your Username and Email Address are stored in the website’s database. Your Email Address is used to send you an email with a link to set your password or to send you an email with a link to reset your password in the event you forget your password.
- Once an account is created, you must contact us to have it deleted.
- Accounts have a numeric User ID assigned to them when they are created. The User ID cannot be changed.
- You may optionally complete your Profile by providing your First Name, Last Name, Website (URL) and/or Biographical info. These additional details are also saved in the website’s database. You may edit these details, and your Email Address, in your Profile at any time.
- You may also choose how your name is displayed (your Display Name) to visitors to the site (e.g. in comments you create) in your Profile.
- Your Username, First Name, Last Name and Email Address are accessible by employees on the site.
- If you attempt to log in to our site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies at all. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you have an account and you log in to a site, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and some of your screen options. The logged-in cookies last for two days, and the screen options cookies last for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me” these cookies will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. It is important that you log out if you are using a public computer.
- For users that register on one of our sites, we also store the data they provide in their profile indefinitely. All registered users can see, change or delete most of that data at any time except their login name/nickname.
Publishing Content (Comments, Pages, Posts, Forums)
- Your Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) may be visible to visitors to the website (e.g. if you leave a comment, forum post, or contribute an article/post).
- If you author an article/post, your Username, User ID, Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) are provided to any visitor using the website’s REST API interface.
- If you upload media (e.g. images) to the website (in forums, posts, or comments), you should avoid uploading images with EXIF GPS location data included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data included in images on the website.
- Visitors using the website’s REST API interface can correlate uploaded media to a particular user. This may allow such visitors to map a user to a particular time and location if EXIF GPS location data was included in the uploaded media.
- If you edit or publish an article/post, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- When visitors leave comments on one of our sites we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Comments may require manual approval by one of our employees or site owners.
- If you leave a comment on a site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies so we can recognize you as a commenter. These cookies will persist for one year.
- Published content and comments are stored indefinitely unless deletion/removal is requested by the original author.
- We keep all email and chat communication indefinitely to help us provide support and improve our services. Individuals can request copies of any previous correspondence with us at any time.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
- Scribd (US)
- SlideShare (LinkedIn)
- Speaker Deck
- Spotify (US)
- WordPress Plugin Directory
- YouTube (Google)
- We use email marketing to communicate with customers and potential customers from time to time. All email lists and campaigns are “opt-in” meaning we will not send you these sorts of emails unless you indicated that you wish to receive them during signup or other interactions on our website.
- We may send you “system” emails, such as password reset requests or payment notifications/receipts even if you have not opted-in to email marketing lists.
- All marketing emails sent by us will include an unsubscribe link in the footer of the email. Emails sent to you may also include standard tracking, including open and click activities.
Hosting and API Services
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you are a registered user or have left comments on our site you can request to see or download the data we have about you.
Typically for visitors that have left comments, the data will be their email address, any IP addresses assigned to them at the time of leaving the comments and the user agent strings of the browsers they used. The rest of the data is public as published by the visitors.
For registered users or paying customers, this will also include profile information and download, payment, and support ticket histories.
You can also request “to be forgotten” and we will erase any personally identifiable data we have about you. Of course, this excludes data we need for administrative or security purposes or if we are required by law to retain some of the data.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his/her query to email@example.com. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe, not to exceed one week.
How We Protect Your Data
The security and reliability of our service is our number one priority. We invest heavily in the training of our staff and our infrastructure to ensure that best practices are followed in everything that we do.
See wordpress.org/about/security for details on the security of the WordPress core itself.
- Prevention is best when it comes to security, and as a first step, we follow all WordPress Code Standards in the plugins that we build and use.
- In addition, we have an extensive internal review and Quality Assurance process in place specifically to prevent potential security vulnerabilities in our plugins and services.
- Every zindohub employee and contractor goes through background checks and an onboarding process that includes a trial period where access to customer data is provided only when working directly under the supervision of another staff member.
- All staff only have access to systems that are directly required to complete the functions of their job. We use dual factor authentication for all critical systems and communications services, and automatically log all staff activity using an internal logging tool, Google ‘G’ Suite features, and WPMUDEV.
- All staff (including any contractors) undergo initial training to ensure proper understanding of all security-related processes. Staff regularly attend industry conferences and otherwise stay informed of best practices and relevant trends. Staff review and agree, in writing, to all policies and procedures annually.
- We only use third-party services, such as Amazon Web Services and WPMUDEV, that are fully vetted and adhere to the highest levels of privacy and security practices.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
Should any event occur where customer data has been lost, stolen, or potentially compromised, our policy is to alert our customers via email no later than 48 hours of our team becoming aware of the event. We will also report such incident to any required data protection authority. We will work closely with any customers affected to determine next steps such as any end-user notifications, needed patches, and how to avoid any similar event in the future.
- May 25, 2018 – the Updated language of the policy to be more user-friendly, specifically outlining requirements in preparation for meeting the GDPR.
August 20, 2017
- How We Collect and Use Information.
Personal Information You Provide Directly: We ask for personal information such as your name, email address, billing and shipping address and payment information when you register for a User account with the Service, make a one-time purchase or a monthly membership, or if you correspond with us (in which case we will also retain our responses). We may also retain any messages you send through the Service and may collect information you provide in User Content you post to the Service.
Personal Information We May Receive From Third Parties: We may receive Personal information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our websites or Service through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,” or adding the Zindo + Co application to a third party social network, linking your third-party account to the Zindo + Co Service, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Zindo + Co. This information could include but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to Zindo + Co’s websites or Service.
Use of Personal Information: We may use the personal information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. We may also send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers that we believe may interest you. If you do not want to receive such email messages, we will give you the option to opt out or change your preferences. We may contact you using push notifications. If you do not wish to receive push notifications, you may adjust your settings on your browser or device. We also use your personal information to send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Inviting a Friend to Use Our Service: If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Service, we will ask you for that person’s email address and automatically send an email invitation to the invitee. When we invite your friends to join the Service, we will include your name and photo to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We store this information to send this email, to register the invitee if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. Unless the invitee becomes a registered User of the Service, we do not use the invitee’s email address for marketing purposes, and we do not share the invitee’s email address with third parties other than Zindo + Co’s service providers or in the event of a corporate transaction or proceeding as described below in Sharing of Your Information. The invitee may contact us at any time to request that we remove his or her information from our database at support@Zindo.co.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies Used to Collect Information: We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website, use our Service, read our emails, or communicate with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, pixels, locally stored objects (“LSOs”), web beacons, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices and other actions you take on the Service. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users, including by helping to identify our users across multiple devices. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which help us recognize and contact you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising on various devices you may use; (c) identify and contact you across multiple devices, (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; (g) track User Content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; (h) automatically update the Zindo + Co application on your mobile devices, and (i) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies – on Adobe’s website. If you choose to delete Flash objects from our Service, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Service or benefit from the information and services offered.
- Sharing of Your Information.
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on our choices, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below. Remember, our Service allows you to connect and interact with others.
Who We May Share Your Personal Information With:
We may share your personal information with third-party business partners for the purpose of providing the Service to you (e.g., email providers, server or fulfillment providers, payment processors, etc.). Those business partners will be given limited access to the Personal information that is reasonably necessary to deliver the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms. We may also share your information with other brands owned or controlled by Zindo + Co, including ZindoLabs, ZindoHub and ZindoTech, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us). These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy. We may also share your personal information with third-party partners who provide co-branded products, content, services, or promotions, or with other parties whose products, content and/or services we think you may enjoy.
Who You May Choose to Share Your Personal Information With:
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
What Happens to Your Personal information in the Event of a Change of Control:
We may buy or sell/divest Zindo + Co, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content, and other User information (including Non-Personal information) related to the Service will likely be among the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
- How We Store and Protect Your Information.
Keeping Your Information Safe: Zindo + Co cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, Zindo + Co cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Zindo + Co or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of Zindo + Co’s distributors, such as social networks. Zindo + Co is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Zindo + Co will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Your Choices About Your Information.
Opting Out of Collection of Personal information: You may, of course, decline to submit any Personal information through the Service, in which case Zindo + Co may not be able to provide certain services to you.
Modifying Your Account Information and Settings: You may update your account information and email-communication preferences at any time by logging in to your account and adjusting your settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Online Advertising: We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media networks, and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on or through our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites or apps, including on Facebook. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies.
As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, and/or the DAA’s resources, and you may also adjust your Facebook ad preferences through your Facebook settings. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting youradchoices.com and downloading the mobile AppChoices app, or by using one of the other industry tools available to manage mobile advertising choices.
User-Generated Content: Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Zindo + Co may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Zindo + Co may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information (including User Content) contained in your communications to other Users or posted to public or semi-public areas of the Service after termination or deactivation of your User account.
Deleting or Anonymizing Your Content: If you are under 18 years of age, you may request that the User Content that you posted to the Service be deleted or anonymized such that your personal information will not be identifiable publicly on our Service by contacting us at support@Zindo.co. While we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to delete or anonymize your User Content upon request, please be aware that due to the social nature of our Service, you may not be able to completely remove all of your personally identifiable User Content if, for example, that content has been stored, republished, or reposted by another user or a third party. We may also maintain your information in identifiable form for our internal use, even if your personal data is no longer visible to the public on our Service.
- Children’s Privacy.
Zindo + Co does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at contact@Zindo.co.
- Other Web Sites and Services.
- Your California Privacy Rights.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at contact@Zindo.co.
- How to Contact Us.
Zindo Entertainment Network, Inc.
PO Box 1255
St. Petersburg, FL 33731
© 2017+ Zindo Entertainment Network, Inc. All rights reserved.