7-zip is a compressed archive file format for data compression, encryption & more
7-zip is a compressed archive file format that supports several different data compression, encryption and pre-processing filters.
The 7z format initially appeared as implemented by the 7-Zip archiver.
Price: Free | Visit Site
The 7-Zip program is publicly available under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License
7-Zip operates with the 7z archive format and can read and write to several other archive formats.
The program can be used from a command line interface, graphical user interface, or Windows shell integration.
They began in 2000 and is actively developed by Igor Pavlov. It is related to a cross-platform port, p7zip.
Who is Product for?
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
– Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
– Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages